9.11.2009

reason for previous post...


I live in a town full of Hispanics and while I'm not racist, and they claim they're not racist but I hear them use the word "nigga" about 60 times a day for five days a week. I think a lot so I asked myself "do they use it because black people use it?", so being the lil investigator I am, I just asked some of them. Some of them looked at me like I was asking a stupid question because they don't think it's offensive, but some of them said exactly what I knew they would say. They said "well since black people use it to each other, I wouldn't think it would be wrong." I couldn't even get mad at that because even though it doesn't excuse their using of the word, monkey see monkey do right? A lot of black people don't realize that by using the word they are disrespecting themselves. They don't realize that we are the ONLY race that uses our racist name towards each other, it's sad really. I get very upset when I hear the word, nuff said, I just had to speak my mind on it right quick. I'm black by the way, but i have one last question, what happened to the pride and respect?

2 acknowledgements:

Jotwice said...

I Hear You I feel the Same way Check Out My Blog www.jotwice.blogspot.com Im Follow You

khaki la'docker said...

Hmmm... i see it from both sides so im going to have to write about this too.